TIMBER FLOOR INSTALLATIONS
Extreme Timber Flooring specialise in the installation of all types of timber floors. We have an unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional workmanship in all our installation jobs. Our work and a long list of satisfied clients stand testimony to our skill and experience in timber floor installations. We cater to both residential and commercial properties across South Australia.
Benefits of Timber Flooring
Getting timber floorboards installed in your home or office has more advantages than one.
- Eco-friendly: Since timber is a recyclable natural resource, it is an environmentally sustainable flooring option. Compared to floors made from ceramic tiles, timber flooring emits up to 5 times less carbon.
- Long lasting: If you don’t want to keep getting new floorboards installed every 10 years, timber flooring is the right fit for you. Timber floors are super easy to maintain and can last a lifetime if taken care of properly, as opposed to carpets which need to be replaced every few years.
- Range of Options: When it comes to choosing a timber flooring style that matches your property’s interior, you are only constrained by your imagination. Extreme Timber Flooring’s team of flooring experts can guide you in selecting the right timber floor for your home or office from the vast pool of timber options available.
- Health Benefits: It is a well-known fact that carpets trap bacteria, dust, grime, dirt, and microorganisms which don’t get removed easily with carpet cleaning or vacuuming. Timber floors, on the other hand, are a healthier choice, especially if you have kids or elderly at home. These floorboards can be cleaned easily and don’t trap any of the pollutants.
Types of Timber Flooring We Install
If you are a flooring novice and don’t know your spotted gum from rose gum, don’t worry! Our timber consultants can guide you and advise you. We cater to the installation of all types of timber floors, including:
• Spotted Gum • Rose Gum • Sydney Blue Gum • Ribbon Gum • White Oak • Tasmanian Oak • New England Oak • French Oak • Blackbutt • Red Mahogany • Hardwood Jarrah • Hardwood Messmate • Bamboo
There are some steps which need to be taken care of before our team can begin the installation of your timber floorboards.
- Inspection of your property to ensure it is waterproof.
- Leaving timber wood in the room for three weeks to make it acclimatised to the property’s environment.
- Remove all furniture and electronic devices from the area where timber floorboards are to be installed.
- In case of renovation projects, it is advisable to get all carpentry, plumbing and electrical work done before the final sanding and polish coat is applied.
Once the job is finished, wait for 2 weeks before moving in furniture. Use felt pads at the base of furniture legs to minimise any dents or scratches on your new timber floors.